Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Trico's
Join Today
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trico's

Alaskan Steel

Trico's

I got out this week and fished the Trico hatch on a couple of different streams. Here are a couple of pictures of the fish I caught.
    IMGP1001.jpgIMGP1003.jpg

Alaskan Steel
    Sorry all, I thought I was in the general forum. Aaron, please move this thread to the general forum.
    Thanks

Little Rainbow
    Nice! What flies were you using? Its getting that time in the Catskills too, I broke out a few packs of Vince Marinaro midge hooks to get ready. CJ

Alaskan Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by catskilljohn View Post
    Nice! What flies were you using? Its getting that time in the Catskills too, I broke out a few packs of Vince Marinaro midge hooks to get ready. CJ
    I used a poly wing Trico pattern in size 26. I don't put tails on my flies but I do tie both male and female patterns.
    I use the K1A hooks too.

Bill

PM me. I'd be interested in possibly fishing tricos on Friday am. I need some size 26's... Pretty please?!?!

The matches have been insane this year,but with the heat predicted all week it may be best to give the fish a rest. The lhv limestoners are even getting a touch warm. The upper east may be the ticket though.

Alaskan Steel
    Water temps are going to be a big problem. I will take the temp, and if it is 70 or above, I will go to breakfast.

Bill,

Are you in MT or back in the East.

Catskill John.
    There are not many of the original Marinaro hooks around now days. If you have the original Partridge pack.
    If so what is the name on the inside of the pack, that was one of the girls who inspected the hooks. Was it Helen/Gill/Judy
    The E1A, Hooper series of fine wire dry fly hooks were also very good for midge flies, no longer available

There was only one lady at the factory who was able to work with those K1a hooks, they were produced by hand in those days with hand operated bowing and barb cutting.
    Vince came over to the UK for us to produce those hooks at Partridge, they were the first midge hooks produced.
    I used to be a technical director at the hook factory before it was sold to Mustad, now owned by a new owner in UK, or at least the name Partridge.

Davy

Davy - I am in the east but leaving for Colorado on the first. I plan to be out west for a couple of months

Same here next month for me.
    Gunnison/Taylor/Dream stream and a few others.
    Make sure you fish the dream stream below Spinney, you will do well there with soft hackles fished dead drift, wary fish.
    You will also enjoy the Gunnison and other rivers in that area. White tail is also deadly on this river likewise stonefly, all be it l fished wet fly 90% of the time.
    PM, me if you would like more info Bill.

Davy.