Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fly fishing show at Marlborough Mass.
Join Today
    *TPO Rockstar*

fly fishing show at Marlborough Mass.

Went to the Marlborough show and had a good time. There was lots of product booths to check out and I did enjoy watching the casting seminar by master certified instructor Sheila Hassan. I didn't get there in time to see Aaron's presentation but I had heard from a number of people that it was extremely well attended and recieved.

The Predator at his craft. Aaron was tying his small hot spot may fly and a variety of different woven flies. It was interesting how many people were intrigued by that weaving process. Notice the Davy Wotton fly tying bench Aaron is using.

I spent some learning time with UpCountry Sportfishing's Shawn Britton

My flash almost looks like it belongs in the painting. Nice big sun huh?

Here is a view of some of the crafts, in this case furnature you could buy.

I had a great day. Got to spend a little time watching Aaron tie some of his go to flies. Spent some time watching the Traditional Catskill tyers work their magic. Tried on some Simms G3's. Bought some hooks beads thread and a few other things. Great show! For one week end New England is the center of the fly fishing universe! We will pass the baton to Sommersett next week!

Re: fly fishing show at Marlborough Mass.

Im sure the Predator was in high gear pumping flies out! Next week is Somerset, I wanna see his may fly with the hot spot! I think Im gonna three day pass it, to take in the whole thing...

I had a great ob was time at the show this year. I got to meet a lot of new people. It's funny, Bob was asking if many people were there from TPO. My answer to him was, not too many people from the site, but I was able to tell a whole lot of new people about it. That's what counts right now, spreading the word! I am sure that in Somerset we will see a ton of people from TPO. However, it seems that there is some sort of glass boarder for TPO when going into Eastern MA and Northern New England.

I got to meet and talk to som many interesting people...

Ed Engle is a great person and a very knowledgable angler. It was great to spend the bettter part of a morning comparing and contrasting the different nymphing styles. Dave made a comment that it was great to listen to us go back and forth about how we like to fish our nymphs. If anyone has a chance to chat with Ed I would take it.

Chris Reeves is an excellent fly dresser and a competiton angler in the UK. I was fortunate to tie next to him all weekend. He is a wealth of information and someone that everyone should visit at the show. He does some very interesting things by palmering three hackles for his top dropper flies. Davy has always spoke to me about these effects, I finally saw it first hand. I would stop by and ask him to show you. It's quite interesting to see all of the different colors in his lamp. The fly literally changes colors as it is rotated. This color change would surely enable you to take more trout when working the top dropper.

Bob Mead is a must see. You have to ask him to take out the mosquito. That thing looks real. there are so many varying degrees of realism in my opinion. However, this one takes the prize. The only thing that makes this fly look like a copy is the hook eye! It's that good.

Dave Brandt, a true legend of the Catskill Style Dry Fly. He is a superb Tyer and one of the most friendly people at the show. Be sure to stop by his table and learn how to split wood duck wings! We all get caught up in trying to tie flies with the latest and greastest materials. That's fine, but anyone, who ties flies, should know how to tie these flies. The are not only beautiful, but they still catch lots of fish. Also, the history behind those flies is amazing. Be sure to stop by and strke up a conversation.

The Hardy Guys were great as usual. They had the full product range there. John, Jim and Crosby are always friendly and willing to speak about their products at length!
    !
    I will add more later, but be sure to get to the show this week. I am off to catch some fish!

*TPO Rockstar*

Chris Reeves tied a Sawyer pheasant tail for me.I never knew it is tied without thread and uses copper wire to bind the pheasant tail and as a body. The first weighted nymph!

I managed to get to the show. I even had the pleasure of listening to Aaron on nymphing and fishing for Steelhead.

I met some buddies from the feathered hook in Coburn. I surprised to see them up in Mass.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

Jonas does well at that show. He is a natural comedian. He likes to dress up in some great outfits. Last year he had waders, a vest and a rod in his hands and a large sign on his back that said let's make a deal. Funny stuff...