Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106
Bahamas Trip Report
Join Today

Bahamas Trip Report

Hey there,
    Returned from my Andros Island trip. All I have to say was that it was a wonderful fishing experience all around. The fishing was off but the whole experience was simply fantastic. Stayed at the Bang Bang Club which is located on Pot Cay. A private cay owned by Charlies Smith the creator of the Crazy Charlie. Let me tell you, this guy is a legend down there. Everyone knows him. Staying down there with Charlie was a home away from home. It was just me, my friend, and another gentleman for the week. My friend and I had the whole week to pick Charlie's brain on fishing for bonefish, fishing in general, and about life. The man is a sage when it comes to wisdom. His lessons, his philosophies, his sense of humor, and his willingness to share anything and everything he has was worth it's weight in gold to experience. Charlie guided us all week long which just added to the fishing experience. As far as the fishing went, well, it was slow, unfortunetly. We didn't see a lot of fish, a cold front had moved in, and the fish were spawning according to Charlie so many of them stayed out deep. However, we still managed to track the ghost of the flats and I managed to hook 8 and land 5 and my friend managed to land 4 and hooked a few others. The way I see it, we accomplished what we set out to do. We wanted to fish the famous West Side for big bones, tarpon, and permit but due to the weather, it brought very high winds and made it very difficult to go there and fish. Let me tell you, there are a lot of things that come into play when hunting this fish. You read about all of the factors and things you have to do and think about to catch one. Well, it's that and more. But, when you see the fish, make a good cast and presentation, perform the right strip, see the fish come for your fly, and see the take, the reward is all worth it. Charlie told us that next time, come early March or April. The fish will not be spawning so larger numbers of fish and more fish catching potential will be there. We were in an around black tip sharks and lemon sharks, barracuda, saw some porpoise and many sting rays. Anyone thinking about going to the Bahamas, Andros Island and staying at the Bang Bang Club is where I would highly recommend you go. We booked it through Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures and these guys were awesome with putting together the right package. Check out the gallery to see some pics.
    "I'm haunted by waters."

Re: Bahamas Trip Report

[quote author=Opie the Troutbum link=topic=1484.msg10525#msg10525 date=1206975011]
    Hey there,
    Returned from my Andros Island trip. All I have to say was that it was a wonderful fishing experience all around. The fishing was off but the whole experience was simply fantastic. Stayed at the Bang Bang Club which is located on Pot Cay. A private cay owned by Charlies Smith the creator of the Crazy Charlie. Let me tell you, this guy is a legend down there. Everyone knows him. Staying down there with Charlie was a home away from home. It was just me, my friend, and another gentleman for the week. My friend and I had the whole week to pick Charlie's brain on fishing for bonefish, fishing in general, and about life. The man is a sage when it comes to wisdom. His lessons, his philosophies, his sense of humor, and his willingness to share anything and everything he has was worth it's weight in gold to experience. Charlie guided us all week long which just added to the fishing experience. As far as the fishing went, well, it was slow, unfortunetly. We didn't see a lot of fish, a cold front had moved in, and the fish were spawning according to Charlie so many of them stayed out deep. However, we still managed to track the ghost of the flats and I managed to hook 8 and land 5 and my friend managed to land 4 and hooked a few others. The way I see it, we accomplished what we set out to do. We wanted to fish the famous West Side for big bones, tarpon, and permit but due to the weather, it brought very high winds and made it very difficult to go there and fish. Let me tell you, there are a lot of things that come into play when hunting this fish. You read about all of the factors and things you have to do and think about to catch one. Well, it's that and more. But, when you see the fish, make a good cast and presentation, perform the right strip, see the fish come for your fly, and see the take, the reward is all worth it. Charlie told us that next time, come early March or April. The fish will not be spawning so larger numbers of fish and more fish catching potential will be there. We were in an around black tip sharks and lemon sharks, barracuda, saw some porpoise and many sting rays. Anyone thinking about going to the Bahamas, Andros Island and staying at the Bang Bang Club is where I would highly recommend you go. We booked it through Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures and these guys were awesome with putting together the right package. Check out the gallery to see some pics.
    [/quote]

Does he have a website?

I don't believe so but go to the Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures website and there is a whole page with a slide show on the Bang Bang Club. Like I said, it was awesome. I learned a lot about site fishing from Charlie and I can't wait to apply those skills on the flats here for stripers and blues.
    "I'm haunted by waters."

Hey Jim welcome back, great to hear you had a phenomenal time. Must of been great to have a lot of time with Charlie. What a bonus. What sorts of patterns were being used? Any new flies that Charlie introduced you to?
    2009 Fish Whistler Champion, "Beads or Bust!"

Your typical bonefish flies. Crazy Charlies in tan and pink. I caught most of my fish on my own version of the CC with fly fur. These fish are not very fussy with the fly. It is mostly presentation and the right strip.

A little fly trivia. Charlie stated that the Crazy Charlie was originally called the Nasty Charlie. He tied me one. Looks nothing like the fly that is on the market today.
    "I'm haunted by waters."

World Record Trout
    audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechute
    gardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebounce
    habeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradar
    handsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggas
    heavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
    keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouse
    knockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezaller
    lambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulse

World Record Trout

ДЕЛОВОЕ П*ЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ АДМИНИСТ*АТО*У troutpredator.com

Доброго времени суток .
    Ваш форум мне показался очень привлекательным и перспективным. Хочу приобрести рекламное место для баннера в шапке, за $1500 в месяц. Оплачивать буду через WebMoney, 50% сразу, а 50% через 2 недели. И еще, адрес моего сайта https://sfilm.by/ - он не будет противоречить тематике?
    Спасибо! Напишите о Вашем решении мне в ПМ или на почту shinaminsk2015@gmail.com